12.05.2014

.DIY ... gem stone heels.


These heels are by Ted Baker and I'm absolutely in love with them!! however they're not something I can splurge on at this point in time.... so I decided to make my own version. today's post is my easy designer DIY of these amazing heels. they're perfect for dressing up ANY outfit and they're ahead of the trend! watch out for bedazzled shoes popping up in stores next year! 



what you'll need :
* a pair of heels (or flats, boots, sneakers - whatever your style)
* E-6000 glue 
*jewels / gems from the craft store (different shapes and sizes work best for the look I created)




I had the pictures next to me while I worked so that I could use it as a guide / reference for where to place my gems. I laid them out in different patterns until I found which order I liked the very best. 
Once decided start with your center gem ... put the E-6000 glue on a paper plate (get a small glob, about the size of a pea) and using a toothpick, get a small amount on the back of your gem and press into place on your shoe. Work your way around that center gem, and add as many as desired. 

I didn't end up going up the sides of the heels, or even doing the back as full of the gems as Ted Baker  did. I really liked the cleaner look for these particular shoes. I do however have TONS of gems leftover - so we'll see if I start another project here soon ;) 


here's my finished product! 
I LOVE them! 




I had a blast doing these shoes, and instead of over $200, they cost roughly $40 :) so I'm a happy 'glam'per! Let me know if you do this designer inspired DIY project! if you do it, tag me on IG so I can see :) thanks guys! 

have a fun and safe weekend!

 photo jensynsig_zps5647e22c.png
01 09 10